Sunday, July 15, 2007

Christmas in July....

The two most dreaded items at Christmas time are the fruitcakes (that have the heft and consistency of a spare tire) and those family newsletters that chronicle a particular branch of your family tree. Well, I haven't figured out a way to electronically deliver a fruitcake equivalent, but through the magic of modern technology our branch of the nut tree can deliver the family newsletter all year long!

I can see you're thrilled.....

Since I've recently started a photo blog and a web page for my photography, I thought I may as well start a "Family blog" as well, and if you're reading this, you've stumbled upon it! Or were directed to it. Or maybe you were forced to click on a link presented to you by some arm twisting relative or another. At any rate, you're here.... and just in time too.

What exactly is a "Family blog"? I'm not really sure since I've not gone looking for anyone else's for examples. That means we can pretty much define this as we go. And when I say "we" of course I mean "me".

Maybe I'll post guest editorials from other members of the clan (or rebuttals). There will certainly be a photo or two from time to time. But it'll likely be some jumbled ramblings from my cluttered memories and faulty synaptic misfires most of the time.

Oh, I also have another blog that is specifically to follow the progress of my younger grandson, Ethan. If you don't do anything else, head over there and read up on the latest because the little guy could use your prayers. It is my hope that we can retire "How Is Ethan" sometime soon because the answer will be, "He's just fine". Yeah. That's the ticket......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Yeah!! There are many branches to the nut tree. I think it started way back with Grandma Chambers, aka "The Donut Grandma"! The rest of us turned out to be really good nuts. If we were not nuts then nothing would be funny and that is the best part, WE ARE FUNNY!!!
Aunt Karen

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I know some people who read this wouldn't fully appreciate Aunt Karens comment, but how true it is.