Sunday, September 2, 2007

Scan-O-Rama Time..........

Well, the last blood test says I'm good to go. Just in case someone was in need of something to praise God for.......

I get dosed with radioactive iodine on Tuesday and will be scanned on Thursday. So I'll briefly have to don the cape and tights and assume the role of Radioactive Man! But not like I do when I'm given a treatment dosage.

It feels like a covert operation with the number of different people assigned to drive me first to one location where I'll transfer vehicles and drivers to go to the location of the nearest scanner. I wonder if they'll have to blindfold me. Not that it would make much difference. It gets increasingly difficult to look through the puffy slits where my eyes used to be. I think they may still be in there and I just can't see them any more.

I'm having more trouble sleeping the last two nights. I've been sleeping nearly 12 to 13 hours out of 24. Last week I started waking up a bit earlier toward the end of the week. Friday and Saturday nights I'd sleep for an hour and wake up all jittery and unable to sleep until 4 or 5 AM only to wake up again around 6. I usually just lay there for another hour or so hoping to fall back to sleep. People kept asking if sleeping helped and I told them I wasn't sleepy, just tired. Now I'm both. Mary says I'm making short snorts in the middle of the night even with the CPAP machine. I may see if I can turn up the pressure.

If I get out of bed in the night I'm all jittery and every joint aches. It feels like I must move in order to ease the pain and so I twitch. Today I was talking to someone and my lip suddenly twisted into a knot that tried to crawl up my face. The person I was talking to asked, "Was that involuntary?" It was. But maybe if it looked cool enough I'll try to learn how to do it. I'll have to ask them.

I did feel good enough to sit in a chair yesterday and do a few maternity shots of this couple. She's a sweet tea drinkin' Southern Belle and he's just a ding-a-ling..... If they weren't family I might have referred them elsewhere. But it wasn't too bad as long as I rested frequently. There are a few more at my photo blog.

Hair Today, Goon Tomorrow
In other news. My aunt Karen only has cancer in the one breast. However, she will have to undergo a double mastectomy and has already been given her first chemo treatment. She reports no ill effects but has been told all her hair will fall out in a couple of weeks. That'll be good as the beard was starting to bother me.......

Just kidding.........

I like the beard.......

No. Really, I do..........

No comments: